What do you remember most from high school?
Chemistry experiments gone terribly wrong?
Grabbing a kiss behind the bleachers?
I hope that each one of you also remembers a special teacher or principal that inspired you to become passionate for English or Science or Algebra or Band.
My favorite musician/activist (and expert side hustler) John Legend says:
“Every successful person you can think of was at one point motivated, encouraged, and enlightened by great teachers; even if it doesn’t happen in a classroom, everyone needs mentors to help them succeed in life.”
The best thing you can do to be a great businessperson is to be a great teacher.
This will translate into:
- Strong relationships
- Repeat sales
- A flood of referrals
- Lasting impact
I want to make you a better teacher.
Here is how, in the 30 Day Power Teaching Challenge:
- Bring your idea to me. It can be anything from how to change your own motor oil, how to reduce stress, how to take a great picture, how to eat gluten-free or how to drive more traffic to your blog.
- Spend 30 days learning tips, tricks and expert methods to structure the content and communicate it to your audience in a way that will cement their learning and have them singing your praises to the rooftops.
- Be prepared to LAUNCH your mini class in September. Yes, you read that right. One of the principles of adult learning is that adults learn much more effectively when they apply what they are learning in a real-life environment. Your mini-course can be a one-hour, one-day, in-person, online or a combination class. It can be for free, as a list-building or business development tool, or a paid class. The class can be for five of your closest friends and neighbors, or for 50 potential clients. All I care about is that you are committed to getting something shipped in the Fall.
- I will do a blog post round-up at the beginning of September with a listing of all the courses that are ready to go. You will feel my wonderful blog readers’ support, and get feedback from people all over the globe.
Who is this challenge for?
- Business owners of all stripes
- Corporate employees who manage others, or who need to educate customers or peers as part of your job
- Anyone who sees teaching as a core strategy for building audience, building income and building impact
Wednesdays 5:00-6:00pm Pacific/8:00-9:00pm Eastern
July 13, 20, 27, August 3
Bonus: Follow up group sessions via live streaming to critique and improve class designs. Dates to follow.
1. 4 Live Teleclasses
The core four classes will take you from course idea to final design, including:
- How to define clear and compelling objectives
- How to choose just the right content from a mass of ideas
- How to chunk content down into lessons
- How to deliver ideas using a big variety of tools and exercises
- How to reinforce learning
- How to engage your audience in the learning process
- How to choose the right medium for your class (phone, classroom, webinar, membership site)
- How to promote your class
I am going to do things a little differently this time and use Live Streaming to do specific critiques of each participant’s class design. We will structure a few of these critique sessions to make sure everyone gets done before the end of August.
I want to help get the word out about your classes.
- At the beginning of September, I will do a blog post listing all of the great classes that you offer. Even if your audience is the neighbors who live on either side of you in your cul-de-sac, your course description will get exposure to others who may want to buy this course from you in a different format.
- Does that make you a little nervous? Good. I mean good, in a good way, not in the “I am glad you are nervous!” way. If you don’t feel a little heat to get your course done, you will not do it.
It is priced to be accessible.
Teaching is in my DNA.
I. love. it.
The first 10 years of my consulting practice, I was paid very healthy sums of money to design courses for companies like Charles Schwab, Cisco Systems and Hewlett-Packard. All modesty aside (this is a sales letter after all!), I was great at what I did and got fantastic reviews from both my corporate clients and the actual participants.
I have been an expert teacher in the online world for a long time with people like Martha Beck, Suzanne Falter-Barns and Chris Guillebeau.
I taught martial arts for 1o years for everyone from preschoolers to 70-year old Bohemians.
Most importantly, teaching has been at the heart of my successful speaking, coaching and consulting business since I started Escape from Cubicle Nation six years ago. It has allowed me to have a rich and interesting practice while taking care of the family I love so much.
Teaching you how to teach is part of my legacy, and I take it seriously.
- Know how people learn. They customize their content to maximize learning.
- Use a variety of teaching methods. They mix auditory, visual and kinesthetic activities to help participants maintain knowledge.
- Do not drone on and on. They know how to mix lecture and activity for maximum learning and engagement.
- Are passionate about their subject matter. They inspire their students, and create lifelong fans and advocates.
- Deliver. They do not care about making a quick, empty buck, they care about delivering lasting value to their customers.
Are you ready to become one of them? I have 100 slots max.
Sold Out! So sorry — Fill in your name and email address below to join the wait list.
We’ll get in contact with you if anyone drops out or with information about future classes.
I am committed to your satisfaction with this class — and I want to make sure it’s a fit for you. If for any reason you’re not entirely satisfied with the 30 Day Power Teaching Challenge, you are welcome to a 100% money back guarantee. Your refund will be issued within one week to your credit card.
Frequently asked questions
- What if I may miss one (or all) of the live teleclasses?
All classes will be recorded, so you can catch up at your leisure. I will make sure you get time in the live streaming critique sessions.
- What if I don’t have any idea what to teach?
This may not be the best class for you. But if you have many ideas about a particular subject, this course will help you narrow them down into specific course content.
- What if I have no list yet?
No problem. Teaching a great introductory class is a fantastic way to build your list, and we will talk about this when discussing ways to promote your class.
- What if I have never taught anything in an online environment?
Then you can learn how! And if you just want to teach in-person courses, all the lessons apply.