One of the unspoken stressors for new entrepreneurs is convincing a partner or spouse that starting a business is a smart idea.
The rigors of start-up life require a whole new set of communication skills to ensure that you keep your relationship strong while you build your business.
- Breaking the news to your spouse that you want to start a business
- Talking about money and cash flow so financial concerns don’t impact your relationship
- Creating “what if” contracts with each other to prevent stressful conversations
- How to talk to a spouse who is unsupportive of your business idea
- How men and women can break unhelpful gender-based patterns of communication
- How to set firm boundaries around your work hours so you are present for your family
You can find Lisa at RelationalCoaching.com.
She is conducting a teleclass for women starting next week: Strengthening Your Core and Transforming Your Relationships
And the blog post I mentioned in the interview is Is Your Time on the Internet Impacting Your Children? Powerful Ways to Find Out and What To Do by Angelica Perez. It sure hit close to home for me!
Hope these tips keep your relationship sweet! Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!